Few people confuse the idea of being businessmen are and being an entrepreneur. They assume it to be the same thing. But, no, they are not. An entrepreneur is a person who sees a problem in the society and tries to find their solution. He embraces the risk with the motive of earning profit in the enterprise created by him for the development of society. Their business idea is usually a new product or service which contributes to the welfare of the society along with their growth as well. They keep themselves prepared well for any unforeseen situation. They invest in new and innovative ideas that could solve the major problems of society and help in easing people’s lives.
While businesspeople are someone who runs an old business, i.e., invests in an already existing product or an idea. They do not generate any new ideas, and neither do they solve any existing problem of society. They avoid taking risks as much as possible; their only focus is on earning profits.
What makes Entrepreneurship, a celebrated occupation?
Entrepreneurship is a celebrated profession among a lot of people as along with its tedious or cumbersome work; it comes with huge growth opportunities. For people with innovative ideas and who like to challenge themselves, entrepreneurship is a good option for them or probably the best suitable option. Here are a few reasons why this occupation is so popular among today’s generation:
- The first and foremost reason could be growth opportunities. It brings with itself, which are many. In this profession growth is only in your hand, the harder and smarter you work, the more successful you become.
- No boss, no time restrictions, doesn’t it sound cool. Entrepreneurs are their boss; they don’t need to receive orders from anyone. They can work as per their own choice. It comes with a sense of freedom.
- Entrepreneurship is a challenging job. So, people who like to challenge themselves and believe in improving themselves every single day. This is an attractive profession.
- An entrepreneur learns many skills while working in his or her enterprise. As if you have to make your enterprise bloom in this competitive era, you need to master more than one skill at a time.
- Another reason which makes entrepreneurship a celebrated profession is the rate of unemployment in our country. It might sound bizarre to you, but this is one of the most important reasons. The rate of unemployment in our country compels people to start an enterprise, which will ultimately create employment for them as well as many other people.
- There are many big problems in our society. Some social entrepreneurs find ideas to curb these social problems.
- An entrepreneur brings change with themselves. Their big ideas help in bringing a positive change in our society.
- Entrepreneurs serve back to society. They fulfill their social responsibilities.
- They add to the national income of the country by generating new wealth in the economy. Also, they aid in curbing poverty in the country, as well.
- Some people might enter into this field because of their curiosity and ambition. This field helps them to grow constantly and also fulfills their curious nature by giving them the space for performing new experiments and explore as much as they want.
Role of Technology
Today’s competitive world compels you to be more innovative to excel and achieve new heights. Technology being the most dynamic thing and something which is, if used properly, it has the potential to increase your organization’s success too much greater aspect that too promptly. You can enhance your business’s growth by making the optimum utilization of technology. To harness its benefit, you must pay attention to it. If you are wondering how? Then, here are five strategic uses of technology for entrepreneurs to help them in the growth of their enterprise-
- Productivity Apps
To run a successful business, you need productive employees. Without whom your organization cannot achieve its desired goals. You can enhance your productivity by making you use productivity apps. Many apps are there that can help you in increasing your productivity and that too free of cost. Increasing your productivity, as well as your employee’s productivity, will help you in reaping greater profits in the future, along with saving a lot of costs.
- Make your use of social media
Making use of various social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, youtube, Linkedin, etc. for marketing could be a great idea. These platforms help you in reaching a wide variety of customers and also promote your organization in many ways. These platforms help a lot in gaining new customers. Sometimes you can get funds for your company as well from these sites. Doing digital marketing is much better than traditional methods of advertising. This is much affordable, as well.
- Using the right kind of software
Software plays a crucial role in your organization, no matter what kind of organization you run. The kind of software will work wonders for you and will make every work smooth. But this could be vice-versa as well. So, investing in the right kind of software is important. Getting your customized software ready as per your requirements will be a much better approach.
- Web-based payments
well, you must be aware of this, but still, making your business payments or receiving your payments through online mode could help you a lot in saving your time as well the various options and the flexibility it provides will not put many stains on you.
- Keep a check on your users
technology has enhanced in many ways; there is nothing that you cannot do from them. Various online ways give stats on how engaging and loyal your active users are.
These were the few tips that could give you some aid in the expansion of your organization and can help you survive for a longer period in this competitive era. Trying to make the optimum utilization of technology to never miss out on any opportunity.