Here Are A Few Questions You Should Ask Before Hiring An App Developer!
The demand for an app developer is surging. People are turning towards the online mode of sales and purchase. According to a recent study, the insistence for the IOS app developer has increased by 1.79%, and the demand for the android app developer has shot up by 10.61% on various hiring portals. As a recruiter and a strategist, it is your job to think of all the possible ways to acquire the best talent for your organization for the open job position. What are the things you need to keep in mind before initiating the recruiting process? What are the questions you need to ask the candidate? If you have such doubts, then we are here to answer your questions!
What are the factors you need to consider before hiring an app developer?
An application developer is a person who is qualified to build attractive and extraordinary apps through coding language and skills. If your organization does not have an application, then this is an opportunity for you. People nowadays use applications to make their lives easier as applications are more accessible and easy to use. So, what are the factors you need to consider recruiting an app developer? Here are some aspects you can review:
- Be clear about your requirements
this is the first and foremost thing you need to understand that while creating an application, the developer is responsible for the user interface, that is, the design of the entire application implementing the coding functionality, and all the backend integration. Testing an application is a rigorous activity, and it requires an error-free app. It is the reason why you need to be thorough about all the needs and form a list of requirements. Determining details such as design style, app specification, technical aspects, etc. is of utmost importance.
- Conduct an effective interview
once you are well aware of all the requirements, you have to prepare a job description based you which all the recruiters will find suitable candidates for you. It is prominent to realize that you need to assemble a worthy job description that has all the skills and responsibilities. You should explain these aspects carefully so that it becomes effortless to find a suitable candidate. Some factors need not be a part of the job description, as these factors are restricted to the company and their policies. Someone might take advantage of these details.
Next, the interview part of the selection criteria, just a simple interrogation, will not suffice. You need to conduct tests that ensure that the candidate is well-versed in the knowledge that is needed for this job position. Just knowing how the task is done is not enough, the candidate should have in-depth knowledge regarding handling the entire work and extra expertise, such as error correction ability, etc.
- Pay attention to the portfolio
the resume is vital, but what you need to see is the portfolio of the candidate. What is a portfolio? It consists of all the projects that the candidate has done. The applications that the candidate has prepared before. All the coding methods involved, and even the screenshots of the work done. The quantity of work is not the key, but the quality of the work plays a vital role. Additionally, focusing on the user interface is of utmost importance. The kind of user interface that the candidate has provided in his previous meeting plays a prime role in making his work exceptional.
- Are communication skills primal?
Planning is an asset if you think about it. But how will you convey your plans if your developer is incapable of understanding it? An application developer and all the team members must have exceptional qualifications, but they need to have considerable communication skills as well. They should be able to understand your requirements and then portray the final product they have created in an inducing manner as well.
- Pay attention to the experience
if you need a good team leader, someone who can lead along with creating what you have desired, then you need to pay grave attention to the experience that the person has. We are not saying that the well-experienced person is always suitable. You will find that at times someone less experienced may have come up with much attractive work as compared to an experienced candidate.
What are some of the questions you need to ask while hiring a candidate?
Here is a list of some extensively vital questions that you can ask from a candidate:
- Where can you find an example of the work they have done? – a qualified candidate would be eager to provide you with real-time examples of the work that he or she has created. Since they have worked hard to build it, they will enthusiastically explain the product to you.
- How can they make an app make money? – creating an application that helps make money is not an easy task. Sometimes the requirement of an application can be to make money, and if you have a similar requirement, then this question will help you judge the candidate easily.
- What special features can they offer? – several applications exist with similar types of features. How can a developer make the app unique? This question will show the creativeness as well as the enthusiasm of the candidate to invent or produce something new.
- How will they test the app? – the test will be conducted on the phone on which the users are supposed to use it, but the developer must know how to present those tests to weed out glitches and provide a workable solution instead.
- Get a list of current and past clients – this is a necessary process to draw out a background check of the candidate.
If you are looking for an application developer, then we hope we were able to solve some of your queries. We hope you find a suitable candidate soon!