Easy Ways to Ooze Confidence at Your Next Networking Event
Confidence can get you many things – including new connections!
It comes naturally for some and may be hard to achieve for others.
The question is… how can you look confident even if you’re not? It’s something that we all want to achieve at some point.
If you’re planning to attend a networking event, confidence, along with a smile, is something that you should wear all the time.
People use different tactics to look confident and pleasing to impress potential clients and investors.
But really achieving confidence isn’t rocket science. All you have to do is relax and be yourself.
For tips and tactics on how to ooze confidence on your upcoming networking event, keep reading!
How can I be more confident at a networking event?
It’s perfectly understandable to feel nervous even before going to a networking event. You’ll be facing hundreds of people you don’t know to convince them to invest in your brand.
That’s quite intimidating for sure!
But worry not as there are a few proven ways how you can be more confident at networking events.
The most obvious one is to know how to start the conversation and keep it flowing. Always express interest in the other person’s work and throw interesting questions.
End the conversation by showing your interest in the company’s work and expressing genuine curiosity.
Of course, you should research before attending the event to be able to ask the right questions.
Another technique that will allow you to ooze with confidence during a networking event is to create an impressive introduction.
Highlight your relevant professional experiences and academic qualifications in your introduction. Don’t overdo it as you don’t want to come off as overconfident.
Always listen to what the other person is saying. Try using this or that questions to know someone and the brand or company they’re representing.
Of course, dress smart! Look professional and talk to people politely and with confidence.
How to look confident and relaxed during a networking event?
Here are a few ways on how you can look confident and relaxed during a networking event:
- Look good. If you look good, you feel good about yourself – it makes you look confident too. Wear business attire or business casual and aim for a neat look. For ladies, you might want to ditch those high heels as the event that you’ll be attending may involve lots of standing up.
- Arrive early. As the saying goes, the early bird catches the worm! If you arrive earlier, you’ll have the chance to talk to potential clients while they’re still full of energy. Also, arriving early gives you time to relax and freshen up before the event started.
- Be prepare. Having relevant information in your pocket can make you exude with confidence as you know what to say and ask while interacting with people around you. Find out relevant information about the participating companies and important figures. In that way, you’ll be able to narrow down which one is the most interesting for you.
Tips on How to Prepare for Upcoming Networking Event
Going to networking events is a great way to meet new connections, discover business ideas, and improve professional life.
Learning how to prepare for upcoming networking events is important as it alleviates the concerns that you have in mind.
These are a few tips on how to prepare for your next networking events:
- Update your business networking accounts.
- Update your business card.
- Know the speakers at the event.
- Do not carry your mobile phones in hand as it creates a barrier for firm handshakes.
- Connect with the right people after the event.
- Look through your social media page and remove some information that could possibly turn away clients and investors.
Summing It Up
Here’s the secret:
You need to look good and feel good to achieve confidence while interacting with people during a networking event.
In reality, you don’t need to bring anything except relevant information that’ll drive you to connect with the right people who can help you expand your business.
Of course, talk with confidence.
If you feel like you’ve got everything you need, then off you go!